Upgrade your Windows PC using this workshop based service.
Every action on your Windows computer involves waiting for the System Drive to access.
The longer each access takes the longer you have to wait for that page to load.
Are you ready for a massive Speed Increase? Up to 70%?
Older desktops and laptops were made using a mechanical hard drive as the System Drive that need to “seek” the heads to the right track where the data is stored then wait for the disk to spin to access the data.
Data speed on seek is typically 1 to 1.5 MBP/second followed by read or write speeds typically around 60 MB/second.
We can replace the hard drive with fully electronic high speed drive that has access speed of around 500 MB/Second.
Startup times of 90 seconds or more may reduce to under 30 seconds, An overall speed increase of up to 70% is often gained.
This high speed System Drive can mean that old PC has years added to its service life with 3 year or 5 year warranty on the new drive.
What is the Process?
- Bring or send your Windows PC to PC Patch at 428 Cuba St, Alicetown, Lower Hutt, 5010
- Include power adapter if laptop, or just the main case for desktop.
- We can discuss your options and make recommendations if you wish and answer your questions.
- Fill out our “Request For Service” form with your details, passwords, contact details etc.
- Make your payment – EFTPOS in-store, Credit Card in-store or by phone, on-line by Internet Banking
- We upgrade your computer, typically in a few days, we call you if there are options to be chosen.
- We let you know your computer is ready collect from in-store (or send back to you by courier if you chose that option).
You can choose from some upgrade options;
Add more RAM memory, upgrade Windows version, choose larger capacity drive, add a service and more…
(IE: Choose a higher drive capacity – add $98 for 930Gb [1TB] instead of 500GB)